Sep 27 2015

Language Version Mismatch When Upgrading IBM Client Access

Published by at 10:10 am under AS400




While upgrading Client Access for iSeries, I got this error:
 

 
The primary language version Mri2928 that is currently installed does not match the language version MRI2928 to which you are trying to upgrade. The upgrade cannot continue. To change the language to MRI2928, remove the product and restart the install.
 
I removed the software as mentionned on IBM website but had to set the name in uppercase in the registry to match the new name. Either do it manually or with the following command lines (MRI2928 is for French, replace by your own):
 

@echo off
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION

REM 32/64 bits install
set v=0

for /f "usebackq tokens=* delims= " %%I in 
(`reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion" 
/v version ^| findstr "REG_SZ"`)
do (for /f "tokens=3" %%i in ("%%I") do set v="%%i")

if %v% == "5" reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion" 
/v SourceInstallMRI /t REG_SZ /d MRI2928 /f

REM 32 bits install on 64 bits OS
set v=0

for /f "usebackq tokens=* delims= " %%I in 
(`reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion" 
/v version ^| findstr "REG_SZ"`)
do (for /f "tokens=3" %%i in ("%%I") do set v="%%i")

if %v% == "5" reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IBM\Client Access\CurrentVersion" 
/v SourceInstallMRI /t REG_SZ /d MRI2928 /f

No responses yet

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply